Thursday, September 2, 2010

THREE STRIPS OF BACON, TWO SIPS OF HEINEKEN

a poem i wrote while enjoying said dinner




three strips of bacon, two sips of heineken
what can i do to make myself mine again? 
to claim me as my own
my make myself my home 
do what i love 
and love what i do 
finding my self
finding my reason
and keep on TREKing 
no matter the season
feel wind on my face
sweat on my brow
salt on my lips
my seat in the saddle
my feet on the peddles
my thighs on fire
my... thighs on the prize to fulfill my desires....
of the wind on my face 
and the sweat and the salt
the saddle, the peddle
left thigh and the right
perspire, desire- it's how i spell MYHRE 
as i become free 
as i become me.

bliss is a decidedly unignorant thing
and i'll use my feet if you clip my wing
if my feet you take too
then i'll use a canoe 
and if you take my canoe
then i'll surely be blue
blue in face as a hot air balloon
is what i'll become
tied to a rocket 
headed straight for the sun 

three strips of bacon, two sips of heineken
what can i do to make myself mine again?
3 crispy strips, 2 little sips... 
i can roll with the punches 
i can take all the licks
i have much to create 
and much left to fix
i'll change my name 
from timmid and shame
to bold and brave
empty mouth of the grave
proclaim my desire 
for the one i admire
expelling my enemy 
that damned filthy liar
now is the time to cure my disease
i'll do it in hardship
i'll do it in ease
creating a rukus 
if that's what i please 

tonight i will dine with the planet
i will dance with the spirits
i will speak with the waters 
i will dream with the sky
i'll breathe so much air that i start to feel high
as i lay down in bed 
ill collapse with a sigh
for now i will rest 
tomorrow i begin
three strips of bacon, two sips of heineken
i will conquer the world
and make myself mine again.



2 comments:

  1. That's my girl!!! Here u roar!! Watch out world here you come. I think 25 is gonna be one hell of year!

    ESP if you're ready to take ALL the licks ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is fab.

    more of these please ♥

    ReplyDelete