Tuesday, June 14, 2011

HERE COMES THE RAIN




planting in my yard today 
a relocation from dismay
my plants were weary scorched from the sun
in a new quaint home, life has begun

i till the soil and remove tree roots
my garden is small, but for me it suits
my hands are dirty in the earth
my hands are longing for rebirth
i grab big clumps and dig right in
to use a glove would be a sin
my nails are dirty red and black
i'm almost done, no turning back

dirt on my face, sweat on my brow
bring on the storms i need them now
i push my roots deep in the earth
my roots are ready for rebirth
my tiny pot is long forgot
as i engulf my freedom sought
clouds begin to block my light 
leaves are trembling from such fright
the heavy drops they hit with pain
i hold on tight, here comes the rain 




No comments:

Post a Comment