Thursday, January 12, 2012

POPS- for JERRY

big man known as a small tree frog
came to us from the land of smog
and that little boy raised in the ghetto
spoke words as sweet as amaretto
some days were bright but others dark
as a young man bloomed in central park
charming and witty, swift and tan
he soon devised his master plan
adorned his cap with many a tassel
married a queen and built his castle
started and finished many a race
though some were at a slower pace
the children he had were royal as well
e gifted them wisdom upon witch to dwell
he gave them knowledge to wear as a crown
and filled them with laughter if ever they frowned
with that sneaky smirk that we all know
he lit our worlds in a fiery glow
and we will sing his song of praise
now until the end of days

 "when i wake he speaks to me, the soft whispers of the free,
and in the eve he sings to me, the sweetest song that ere could be,
and late at night he calls to me, the gentile voice of the coqui,
and when i sleep he dreams with me, and fills my thoughts of worlds to be"

running gently through my mind
his fingers round my soul to bind
his still small voice has set me free
my father left his mark on me

4 comments:

  1. The sweetest gift a girl could ever receive. You concisely and poigniently articulate my father and his love for his family. I love you! Thank for such a sweet gift my heart will always cherish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara, my tears are running down the sides of my face. This is so beautiful...u a are the type of fiend that I call a "life enhancing friend"!
    I truly feel like you are a blessing to our whole family. Thank you for your poetic gift to glorify my Dad! And know you are very much loved, respected, and a part of or family!!!! I love you like a sister... And I love my little sister!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah- this poem is beautiful, thank you! I know I speak for all of us when I say we feel very blessed that you are part of our family. Lots of Love to you. <3 Ricky & Tayleen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As the tears rolled down the sides of my face, I read about budgie my soul mate to date......Sara! you are a breath of fresh air.... Officially!!! a Mussenden our amulet and elixir...My profound gratitude for your ingenious expression and wit........God bless you!!!!! l Love you my sweet....Iris

    ReplyDelete