Thursday, January 6, 2011

SLOUCHING COUCH


tears, slouch, frown, drown...
maiden in an old stone crown.

all the walls and floors are brown-
all the walls and floor in town.
all the trees and grass are brown-
all the trees and grass in town.

heavy crown and heavy frown-
i wear them in the old brown town.
heavy crown and heavy frown-
i'm drowning in a sea of brown,
i'm browning in a sea of frowns,
crushed underneith my heavy crown.

slouching on an old brown couch-
tears and frown befriend my slouch,
tears from pain but not from "ouch,"
pondering- on my slouching couch.

brown is plain and brown is dead,
my crown of thoughts is heavy lead,
my thoughts too heavy if unsaid,
heavy thoughts stuck in my head,
heavy crown leap from my head,
and rest- my mind- in unbrown bed.





No comments:

Post a Comment